Gigi & Randy Burgess Music Ministry is a gospel duet based out of North Texas who travel across the southern states. Both are both born-again Christians whose beliefs are in line with the Baptist Faith and Message. Called to bring the gospel message in song, devotionals and testimony, they strive to inspire worship, uplift fellow Christians and to reach out to the unsaved, discouraged and hurting. They are equipped to bring a special music segment or an entire church service, as needed. They have served together in this ministry for more than 7 years and separately for many years prior. Both were popular soloists prior to forming the duet ministry in 2007 and have since ministered in churches of varying denominations, revivals, senior and rehab centers, fairs and festivals, rodeos, opry theatres, convention centers, open-air concerts and more.
David Randall Burgess was born in Conway, Arkansas. He was raised with old-fashioned values and actively attended the BMA church with his family where ever his dad was pastoring. Pastor Cecil Burgess, age 87, still pastors a small BMA church in Greenbrier, Ar. Randy received Christ at age 12. He has been active in the Baptist church his entire life and has served in music ministry for over 40 years.
Randy studied at Central Baptist College and went on to serve our country in the National Guard. He later became Music Minister at West Heights BC in Little Rock, Ar. After moving to Texas, he served as Music Minister for Fountain Park BC and was ordained a Deacon there in 1996. He served as Music Minister and Chairman of Deacons at First Baptist Lucas for 5 years. He later served as Music Minister at Culleoka Baptist for 7 years.
Randy is a powerful vocalist who for a number of years sang lead for "Gospel Express", a widely popular traveling Gospel Trio band based out of Arkansas. He then sang lead for "His Family" quartet for a couple of years then went on to sing lead in the "Sounds of Hope" quartet and toured with them for four years before embarking on a solo career. His solo accolades include opening for Johnny Rodriquez and Jumpin' Bill Carlisle.
Gigi was born in Amarillo, Texas and raised in Southern Dallas. Church was not a constant for her family, but she received Christ at the age of 18. As an adult, she studied discipleship at Galloway Avenue Baptist for 15 years and participated in recovery ministry and women’s healing ministry. She began singing in 2005 at various churches as a soloist. She accepted the call to music ministry in 2007. She assisted leading the music service at Amazing Grace Fellowship Baptist for 2 years and Culleoka Baptist for 7 years. Gigi's rich contralto voice exudes a smoky blues quality and has won her nominations and awards of her own. In addition to the duet ministry, she continues to minister as a solo artist in nursing homes, women’s ministries and other venues as God leads.
The couple was married in 2008. They live in Princeton, Texas.
Their music includes variety of styles ranging from toe-tapping Southern Gospel and Christian Country, to uplifting, soulful ballads, traditional hymns and worship songs. They sing with professionally recorded accompaniment music to present a live music sound. Their song selections incorporate both original and cover songs ranging from current hits to time-honored favorites. Their program delivers the Gospel message with powerful, uplifting music, devotionals and testimony with sincerity, warmth and humor. They offer an invitation to salvation and to pray with those who have needs or requests.
They have received awards in Texas and Oklahoma. In Branson, Missouri they placed top 10 and then again the next year in the top 5 finalists for the nationally acclaimed SGN Scoops’ Diamond Awards for “Duet of the Year”. They have performed with several nationally acclaimed artists and professional groups and countless semi-professional local groups. They have appeared on Christian television and radio programs. Songs from their CDs have been on radio and internet radio around the world.
A professional, powered JBL sound system with Allen & Heath mixing console will easily accommodate a wide range of indoor and outdoor venues.
BOOKING People often ask us, “What might it cost to book the Burgess' Music Ministry?”
• The ministry schedules events by faith for funding based on God’s promise in
• We are able to offer a sliding scale for small venues and when several venues are grouped in the same dates and area. We do try to cover the cost of travel as much as possible.
• Booking is available on a love offering basis for venues up to 100 mile radius from Princeton,Tx.
• Beyond 150 miles, an expense honorarium is requested to assist in recovering expenses for travel;fuel, food and lodging. (Base fee plus mileage)
Please contact Randy 469-450-5219 for more information.
“What do you do with the money you receive?"
• Burgess Music Ministry does not take a salary from any of the receipts.
• Receipts are used first to cover travel and ministry expenses, for ministry efforts; to spread the Gospel in word and song, to distribute Bibles, salvation tracts and cover other ministry or music equipment and supplies.
• Gifts in exchange for love offering, as displayed on the product table (items such as CDs, various product and artwork) also assist in recovering costs of CD recording and duplication, legal expenses and licenses, etc.
• A portion is tithed from all receipts to other ministries and we frequently give to those in need.